When mesothelioma patients seek legal help, they are often running out of time. This deadly disease often progresses rapidly and patients need the peace of mind knowing that their case is being handled by a skilled lawyer with experience handling mesothelioma cases.
Oftentimes, however, they may contact a general practice or personal injury attorney – usually one they know or someone that a friend or family member has referred them to. When this happens, that attorney will likely refer out the mesothelioma case to a asbestos litigation firm.
It’s not that they don’t want to help you. On the contrary, they just realize that they may not be the best firm to help you with this complicated and delicate matter.
Why Attorneys Refer Out Mesothelioma Cases
- Experience Matters – mesothelioma cases are extraordinarily complex. An experienced asbestos litigation firm knows how to handle these cases, the time it takes to track down liable parties, and the nuances in Louisiana law. They use this knowledge and experience to win large settlements for their clients in a fraction of the time it would take other firms.
- Lengthy Process – after asbestos exposure, it can take up to 50 years for mesothelioma to be diagnosed. Once it is diagnosed, law firms must then go back into the past to locate and determine which employer was responsible for your asbestos exposure and subsequently your disease. If your exposure was secondary, such as from the fibers on a spouse’s clothing, determining liability can be a lengthy and time consuming process. An asbestos litigation law firm will have the resources needed to investigate these complex cases.
- Local Focus – mesothelioma law firms know the local job sites, manufacturers, and corporations that may be responsible for your mesothelioma or asbestos-related cancer. This local focus allows them to pinpoint who is responsible. Your mesothelioma lawyer will be up to date on changing state laws, as well as federal laws and statutes that impact asbestos disease victims.
- Medical Sensitivity – mesothelioma cases are extremely sensitive and patients and their families need a law firm on their side that understands the complications of mesothelioma and the time-sensitivity of these cases. Managing a lawsuit while managing cancer can be too much for already struggling families. That’s why an asbestos litigation firm is critical to being able to expedite the trial to accommodate mesothelioma patients’ health and overall wellbeing.
- Success – mesothelioma patients need a law firm on their side that knows how to track down those responsible for their asbestos exposure. Attorneys without extensive experience in mesothelioma cases will refer their clients to a law firm with a proven track record of obtaining significant verdicts and settlements for their mesothelioma clients.
As a leader in Louisiana asbestos litigation, the legal team at Landry & Swarr are ready and able to tackle even the most complex mesothelioma case.
We are committed to helping asbestos disease victims receive the compensation they need and we can do so swiftly and efficiently. Lawyers who do decide to refer a case to Landry & Swarr can rest assured knowing that their clients have an experienced and knowledgeable asbestos litigation firm on their side. This is one of the main reasons that our firm serves as Louisiana counsel of record for so many of these cases.
We believe that collaboration and referrals between firms is the best way to serve mesothelioma clients and their families.
If you have any questions regarding your legal rights related to Mesothelioma, you can speak to our knowledgeable attorneys at Landry & Swarr by calling (504) 299-1214 today.