Guide to the top mesothelioma treatment centers in the Southern US
If you have received a diagnosis of mesothelioma after seeking help for your mesothelioma symptoms, it is time to consider where to find a specialist to provide the best mesothelioma treatment. Mesothelioma, asbestos cancer, is a cancer unique from any other type of cancer and any other disease, and as such, it should be treated by a medical professional who has background and experience in this specialized field.
There are two major reasons to seek treatment at a major cancer research center from a mesothelioma specialist:
Smaller hospitals or general practitioners are more likely to misdiagnose mesothelioma symptoms as indicating something else. This is particularly true during the earliest stages of mesothelioma, which is also when prompt mesothelioma treatment can significantly delay the onset and progression of the disease.
Researchers and specialists at major cancer centers have access to the newest drugs and the latest technology for mesothelioma treatments. Often, these forms of treatment are only available to participants in clinical trials, which are recruited from and take place at these major cancer centers.
Top Southern Mesothelioma Treatment Facilities
Some of these major cancer centers in the southern and southeastern parts of the United States where one can find mesothelioma treatments or have their mesothelioma symptoms diagnosed are listed below. For a more extensive list, visit the National Cancer Institute.
- Alabama: UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center, located University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Georgia: Winship Cancer Instituted, located at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Florida: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Instituted at the University of South Florida, located in Tampa, Florida.
- Missouri: Siteman Cancer Center at the Washington University School of Medicine, located in St. Louis, Missouri.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, located in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center at Vanderbilt University, located in Nashville, Tennessee.
- South Carolina: Hollings Cancer Center at the Medical University of South Carolina, located in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center at the Baylor College of Medicine, located in Houston, Texas.
- Cancer Therapy & Research Center at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, located in San Antonio.
- M. D. Anderson Cancer Center at the University of Texas, located in Houston, Texas.